Welcome to Portlethen Primary School’s Parent Partnership page.
Parents and carers are the most important influence throughout a child’s education and parental involvement in learning can and does make a real difference to our children’s achievements.
With the above in mind, our Parent Partnership helps us become more actively and effectively involved in our children‘s learning and also plays an important role in the life of the school.
We provide a voice for parents in the school on issues that are important to us and our children and we support the school in developing strong home/school partnerships.
The Parent Partnership is your voice, you make up the Parent Forum. The committee includes School Staff, Local Councilors, members of the Community and Parents. We consult with parents and school, expressing your views.
We meet monthly and always encourage new members to come along as new and fresh ideas are always helpful.
Many parents are unsure of the role of the PPP, our objectives are:
- To work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school that is inclusive for all parents
- To promote partnership between the school, its pupils and all its parents
- To develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils including providing or assisting in the provision of facilities to enhance education at the school
- To identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils
- To participate in the appointment of senior staff at the school
Why not come along to one of our meetings and find out what we are currently involved in?
Our meetings start at 6.30pm (enter via the staff entrance in the staff car park). The meeting dates for 2016/17 are:
Wednesday 21 June 2017 – Agenda-21.06.17
Monday 28 August 2017 (AGM Meeting)
You can also contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope our continued success will encourage you to become involved in the Parent Partnership this year and help it grow from strength to strength during 2016/17… and beyond. Our children mean everything to us, get involved and help make a difference!
Minutes of meetings:
PPP meeting minutes – 21.06.17
PPP meeting minutes – 30.05.17
PPP meeting minutes – 29.03.17
PPP meeting minutes – 28.02.17
PPP meeting minutes – 30.01.17
PPP meeting minutes – 30.11.16
PPP meeting minutes – 25.10.16
PPP meeting minutes – 26.09.16
PPP meeting minutes – 30.08.16
PPP meeting minutes – 21.06.16
PPP meeting minutes – 24.05.16
PPP meeting minutes – 29.03.16
PPP meeting minutes – 26.01.16
PPP meeting minutes – 23.11.15
PPP Meeting Minutes – 29.10.15
PPP meeting minutes – 29.09.15
PPP Accounts 2014-2015 Audited Chairman Report
PPP meeting minutes – 09.06.15